I don’t know about you, but I feel these few months between the NFL Draft and the first week of college football are sloooooooowly passing by. In case you didn’t know, UC opens its season on Saturday, September 5th at home against Alabama A&M. Here are a few tidbits to entertain you in the meantime.
- Here is an entertaining article from Fox Sports Ohio. Apparently, coach Tubs is pulling out all the stops to recruit players, including a poster of a wide receiver prospect behind the Chipotle two blocks from Nippert!
- Former 4-star receiver and Under Armour All-American Jordan Cunningham is transferring to UC from Vanderbilt. In his brief career at Vandy he had 19 catches for 150 yards. He will have 3 years of eligibility left after sitting out next year and learning under the tutelage of Gunner Kiel’s squad of talented wide outs. Cunningham was widely regarded coming out of high school, but never really fit in the Vanderbilt program. He had offers from schools such as Ohio State, Florida State, and Alabama. Sound familiar? Cough cough Jeff Luc out of Florida State……
- 2017 half back / wide receiver Jordan Merrell has committed to UC. I guess he was anxious to commit two years in advance. The 5’10” and 176 lb. Florida native is not the quickest player, but he is versatile and uses every inch and once of his body to play.
- The Bearcats baseball program will retire #36 of former Bearcats legend Kevin Youkilis this month.
- Oh, and speaking of the NFL Draft, no Bearcats were picked this year. However, 10 former players are in NFL rookie camps right now, including:
- Jeff Luc – Miami Dolphins (signed)
- Tyreek Burwell – San Diego Chargers (signed)
- Eric Lefeld – Atlanta Falcons (signed)
- Brad Harrah – New York Giants (signed)
- Terrell Hartsfield – Indianapolis Colts (signed)
- Nick Temple – Cincinnati Bengals (tryout)
- Jerrell Jordan – Cincinnati Bengals (tryout)
- Kevin Schloemer – Cincinnati Bengals (tryout)
- Howard Wilder – Cincinnati Bengals (tryout)
- Camaron Beard – Indianapolis Colts (tryout)
By Andy Smith
Thanks for reading along! If you’re not familiar with the Bearcats Sports Radio story, beyond creating sports-related content, I am a Dad, Attorney with Graydon Head & Ritchey LLP, and a lover of all things University of Cincinnati (and America). If you ever want to connect, shoot me a DM on Twitter.