Luke Fickell has been recruiting the state of Ohio for a while, and it shows. Relying upon his network of buckeye state prep coaches, Fickell has made the University of Cincinnati 2018 recruiting class far and away the strongest class of incoming freshmen on record. Ranked 47th nationally, 1st in the American Athletic Conference, and 1st among other “Group of 5” schools, the 2018 class features a number of players that look to contribute early next season.
The USA Today released its list of All-Ohio players, and it’s populated by numerous future Bearcats. The list includes:
- Malik Vann, Fairfield (State of Cincinnati), DL
- Colin Woodside, Fairfield Union (Lancaster), OL
- Josh Whyle, La Salle (State of Cincinnati), TE
- Ty Van Fossen, St. Francis DeSales (Columbus), LB
- Daeshon Martin, Archbishop Hoban (Akron), DL
- Ja’von Hicks, Colerain (State of Cincinnati), DB
Congrats to all of these players! I look forward to watching each of them suit up in red and black.
By Brian Fox
For more of the story, be sure to follow along on Twitter – @BearcatsRadio.